Definition of “cookies”.
Cookies are short text fragments (letters and/or numbers) that allow the web server to store information on the client (the browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera…) to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, even days later (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, based on user preferences, by the single browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacons, transparent GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to collect information on user behavior and use of the services.
A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user's hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user's web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can be delegated to other technologies. The term 'cookies' refers to cookies and all similar technologies.
Strictly necessary technical cookies. These are cookies that are essential for the correct functioning of a website and are used to manage various services related to websites (such as, for example, a login or access to reserved functions on the websites). The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the work session or they can make use of a longer permanence time in order to remember the visitor's choices. Disabling strictly necessary cookies can compromise the use and navigation experience of the website.
Analysis cookies (analytics) and performance. These are cookies used to collect and analyze the traffic and use of a website anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They also allow you to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. Disabling these cookies can be done without any loss of functionality and will be dealt with in detail later.
Profiling cookies (not operational on this Site). These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not) user preferences and improve their browsing experience. For more information on these cookies not used by the Website, please visit the appropriate section on the website www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie
Processing purposes and purposes of technical session cookies.
- cookies with data compiled by the user (session identifier), for the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
- authentication cookies, used for the purposes of authenticated services, for the duration of a session;
- user-centric security cookies, used to detect authentication abuse, for a limited persistent duration;
- session cookies for media players, such as cookies for "flash" players, lasting a session;
- session cookies for load balancing, for the duration of a session;
- persistent cookies for customizing the user interface, for the duration of a session (or a little more);
- cookies for sharing content via third party social plug-ins, for logged in members of a social network.
The Data Controller therefore informs that only technical cookies are operative on the Site (such as those listed above) necessary to navigate within the Site as they allow essential functions such as authentication, validation, management of a browsing session and fraud prevention and allow example: to identify if the user has regularly accessed the areas of the site that require prior authentication or user validation and session management relating to the various services and applications or the retention of data for access in secure mode or the control and fraud prevention functions.
For maximum transparency, a series of technical cookies and cases of specific operation on the Site are listed below:
- cookies implanted directly in the user/contractor's terminal (which will not be used for other purposes) such as session cookies used to "fill the cart" in online bookings on the Site, authentication cookies, cookies for multimedia content such as flash players that do not exceed the duration of the session, customization cookies (for example, for choosing the navigation language, recalling the complete ID and password by typing the first few characters, etc);
- cookies used to statistically analyze accesses/visits to the site (so-called "analytics" cookies) which pursue exclusively statistical purposes (and not also profiling or marketing) and collect information in aggregate form without the possibility of tracing the identification of the individual user. In these cases, since the legislation in force requires that for analytics cookies the interested party is provided with clear and adequate indication of the simple ways to oppose (opt-out) to their installation (including any anonymisation mechanisms of the cookies themselves) , we specify that it is possible to proceed with the deactivation of analytics cookies as follows: open your browser, select the settings menu, click on the internet options, open the privacy tab and choose the desired level of cookie blocking. If you want to delete the cookies already saved in the memory, simply open the security tab and delete the history by ticking the "delete cookies" box.
Third party cookies
By visiting a website you may receive cookies from sites managed by other organizations ("third parties") which may reside in Italy or abroad.
An example present on most websites is represented by the presence of YouTube videos, Google APIs, use of Google Maps, and the use of "social plugins" for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks in order to increase the visitor's user experience.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of information collected by "third parties" is governed by the relative information to which reference is made. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, the web addresses of the various information and methods for managing cookies are shown below, specifying that the Data Controller is not responsible for the operation of third-party cookies on this site.
The Site incorporates the following third-party plug-ins:
The relative information of third parties that adopt profiling cookies can be found at the following links.
- Facebook information: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policies/cookies
- Instagram information: https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370
- Linkedin information: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Pinterest information: https://policy.pinterest.com/it/cookies
- Google information: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies?hl=it
Responsibility for the operation of Third Party Cookies.
As indicated by the Privacy Guarantor, this Site does not have the ability to control third-party cookies if it uses third-party services (Facebook, Twitter "social buttons") for which the third parties are solely responsible. Furthermore, we recall the possibility for the user to cancel and block the operation of cookies at any time also using plugins for the browser and modifying the settings as indicated in the various manuals contained in the browsers.
Mandatory or optional consent for the operation of cookies that do not pursue marketing purposes.It is not mandatory to acquire consent to the operation of only technical cookies or third-party or analytical cookies assimilated to technical cookies. Their deactivation and/or denial of their operation will make it impossible to navigate correctly on the Site and/or the impossibility of using the services, pages, functions or conte